The use of this website constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
The Energy Charter Secretariat ("ECS") maintains this website (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("Users"). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The ECS grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Materials within this Site.
The ECS reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. The ECS shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
The ECS reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any Users access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- The ECS maintains this Site to enhance public access to information about the Energy Charter Treaty, the Energy Charter Process and the activities of the Energy Charter Secretariat.
- The information on this Site is published by the ECS under the exclusive responsibility of the Secretary General. The ECS makes every attempt to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained on this Site but guarantees neither. The ECS cannot be held liable for any inaccuracy, error or omission. The ECS disclaims all liability for any loss or damage to any visitor whether or not due to reliance by that party on the information contained on this Site. However, if errors are brought to our attention (firstname.lastname@example.org), we will try to correct them.
- Information contained in this Site does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the ECS concerning the legal status of any Member State or territory or of its authorities. The mention of specific companies or certain products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by the ECS in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
- This Site may contain advice, opinions and statements from external websites. Hyperlinks to non-ECS Internet sites do not imply any official endorsement of, or responsibility for, the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to other sites is to indicate further information available on related topics.
- It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The ECS accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
© European Energy Charter [1991 - 1994]
© Energy Charter Secretariat [1995 - 2007]
- Reproduction of the Materials is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
- Some of the Materials in the ECS Site may contain Materials from third parties or references thereto whose copyright the User of the Site must honour by obtaining the necessary permission from the copyright owner.
- A User who maintains a website can include hyperlinks to the ECS Site or to any of its pages on that Site, without having to ask permission. However, permission to include a hyperlink does not include permission to use the ECS logo or acronym or its intellectual property without prior written permission.
- A link to the ECS Site may not be used for the promotion of an organisation, company or individual or of any commercial products or services.
Privacy Protection Policy
- For the purposes of Site traffic analysis, and to protect against possible intrusion, a log of all visits to the Site is maintained. Other than the IP address of the visitor's browser, the information recorded is entirely anonymous.
- Users of the Site are invited to register their e-mail address on-line to receive various ECS newsletters, or notification of new ECS publications. These e-mail address registers are used only for the specific advertised purpose, and will never be disclosed to third parties. A User can at any time remove his/her e-mail address from these registers directly from the Site.
- No information concerning Users of this Site will be disclosed to third parties. The information will only be used for the specific purpose for which it was collected. All ECS employees and other agents who have access to the personal data stored on the Site are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such data.
- Any changes in this privacy protection policy will be posted on the Site before taking effect.