Functions of the Secretariat
The Secretariat's functions are:
- to monitor implementation of the Energy Charter Treaty and Protocol's obligations;
- to organise and administer meetings of the Conference and its subsidiary bodies;
- to provide analytical support and advice to the Conference and its subsidiary bodies on all aspects of the Energy Charter process;
- to represent the Energy Charter Conference in the development of its relations with non-member states and other relevant international organisations and institutions;
- to support negotiations on new instruments mandated by the Conference.
Work Programme for 2013
The Energy Charter Conference at its meeting in November 2012 approved the Secretariat's work programme for 2013, which provides information on the activities proposed for this year on the implementation of the Energy Charter Treaty.